iOS 5.0.1 - iPhone 4S
I'll file the bug for headphone jack removal pausing

As for the iPhone being reinitialized, when listening to music via
remote playback and then forcefully shutting down iPeng, if you restart
iPeng, it will launch the now playing window and shows me the status of
Kitchen (I have Kitchen, Garden and iPhone players at this time). About
two seconds later my iPhone audio begins streaming which is great, but
I'm still staring at the now playing screen for Kitchen.

So then I swipe over to the players screen and see my iPhone player at
the bottom of the list (even though I just dragged it to the top of the
list before the forced shutdown), scroll to it, select it, then I can
get into collection view.

I know this sounds pedantic, but I'm usually trying to multitask with
my iPhone in hand, and any way I can reduce the number of actions
required to get music playing would save on a lot of frustrating
moments.

With regards to resuming playback I did some further testing and the
iPhone is resuming the playback just fine. I disabled caching on iSub
and noticed it wasn't as robust in resuming playback in the event of a
forced shutdown, I guess the magic is in the cache.

Though I did notice this:   When you forcefully shutdown iPeng and
start it back up, it will only resume the song from the point where you
seeked to; or, if you hadn't seeked, the beginning of the track.

Not really a huge deal, it would be cool if would resume from the point
where the shutdown occurred, but that's just nit picking.

--
Line