Line;683834 Wrote:

> As for the iPhone being reinitialized, when listening to music via
> remote playback and then forcefully shutting down iPeng, if you restart
> iPeng, it will launch the now playing window and shows me the status of
> Kitchen (I have Kitchen, Garden and iPhone players at this time).

And if you don't force-quit iPeng? Force-Quitting can keep iPeng from
remembering it's last state. For me it remembers the last player but it
can take a few seconds until it switches to it. Playback starts before
the server starts reporting the player.

> (even though I just dragged it to the top of the list before the forced
> shutdown)

Players are sorted by the server and then alphabetically, the order
cannot be retained over restarts. There are too many changes going on
and since iPeng's player is usually the last one being added to the
server it shows up at the bottom.

> I know this sounds pedantic, but I'm usually trying to multitask with
> my iPhone in hand, and any way I can reduce the number of actions
> required to get music playing would save on a lot of frustrating
> moments.

Don't force-quit. Takes a lot of time anyway and except for Apps
hanging or otherwise being in an unstable state it's never ever
needed.

> Though I did notice this:   When you forcefully shutdown iPeng and
> start it back up, it will only resume the song from the point where you
> seeked to; or, if you hadn't seeked, the beginning of the track.

This depends on how long it has been disconnected from the server.
After a certain timeout the server clears the last position. iPeng's
playback behaves like a Squeezebox and a Squeezebox's state is
completely maintained on the server, never on the client.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com