danco wrote:
> Very neat idea.
>
> I have run into one problem, that is probably the way
> ReallyPreventStandby works (but I never debugged enough previously to
> know about it).
>
> I listened to a program on BBC using BBC iPlayer. After a while I
> stopped it (but did not turn my SB off). I thought ReallyPreventStandby
> would now regard the SB as idle. However it seems not, I had to wait
> till PowerSave kicked in to turn the SB off. I'll have to check with an
> item from my own music library rather than the BBC.

When you followed my suggestions you will have set:

Prohibit standby if players are on? Checked

So ReallyPreventStandby is doing exactly what it was asked to do. You
could try setting it unchecked but I strongly suspect you will find that
your Mac will go to sleep while it is playing BBC iPlayer. That should
not matter a great deal as this plugin only needs LMS to get started.
BUT I have Triode's Spotify configured to Always Stream via the Helper
(to solve other problems). I very much doubt you will find that
ReallyPreventStandby really prevents standby while Spotify is playing
with this configuration.

That is why I keep Prohibit standby if players are on? Checked. It is a
simple and reliable condition that ReallyPreventStandby can check.

So yes - it is a good idea to have PowerSave configured.