I had an interesting occurence today.  I woke up and found my duet
remote in the kitchen.  I was able to play music using the duet.  The
response time was long but it worked.  I tried doing the same with my
remote on my iphone and ipad and it did not work.  I alos used teh
squeezepad remote app on my ipad and at first it did not work and then
it did but very slowly and in a limited way.  The computer monitor was
still off.
Once I started using the computer all my remotes worked well.  So in my
limited computer brain it appears that WOL seems to have worked somewhat
using the duet remote but was unable to wake my imac up fully from
sleep.
One more thought:  Mountain lion utilizes Power nap to allow background
functions on laptops to work.  Does anyone know if that allows a laptop
to stream continuously?

Nonnoroger, thanks for your very polite reply to my last thread.  To a
large extent alot of what you wrote goes over my head but I appreciate
the explanation and your patience.  Unfortunately my brain is like the
iceberg for the penguins.  All available ice crystals are taken up by
standing penguins.  Any new info will cause another penguin to be
launched off the iceberg ;)
Thanks
Jerry