MDE wrote:
> This is certainly a bit more intuitive than the previous "right click"
> method. Just a small suggestion, perhaps one could right-click on an
> existing hierarchy to given an option to delete it? Also, is there any
> way to clear the "queued music" listing, since clearing the playlist in
> LMS does not achieve this? Overall, the user interface is now looking
> really slick. I am still struggling a bit with the metadata interface to
> LMS. I appreciate that some of this, at least, may be an LMS problem,
> but I'd like to stick with it as I use it from the SB touches and iPod
> touch. For example, I have had a few issues getting the "performer" tag
> to populate in Muso. This is a really useful tag for classical music as
> it enables you to separate out orchestras (in the "band" tag) from named
> artists. "Band" works fine in that LMS recognises it and Muso imports it
> OK. "Performer" seems not to be recognised by LMS (still!). I have
> therefore scanned it as a Custom Tag. The only way I can then get it
> into Muso is to map it to "soloist" (BTW "soloist" may be a misleading
> title as not all performers are necessarily soloists). This then
> displays as "Performer" in the Muso user interface, which is a bit
> inconsistent, but the right end result. Any "soloist" tags in the
> underlying folders do not get mapped, however. I tried an alternative
> approach, of importing directly from the folders, rather than syncing
> with LMS. This imports data into "performer", but the source is the
> "soloist" tag not the "performer" tag. I suspect there is a bit of
> history here and in any case people will have personal preferences for
> using the performer and soloist tags. Personally, I think I will stick
> with "performer" as it is more general, and I will move all my "soloist"
> tags to "performer", so I am happy with the way it works now (aside from
> the apparent inconsistency of mapping via "soloist"). (BTW I want to
> stick with the LMS master sync , as that does the groupheadings nicely).
> In some future version, you might like to consider a more flexible
> approach to tag definition and mapping; also the ability to apply
> metadata changes to the underlying music files. However, I think the
> software works really well as it is now, and I would suggest that the
> main priority may be some better documentation. This would make it more
> accessible and attractive to more users.

Yes a right click option to delete a hierarchy from the MRU list is one
I was thinking about anyway.

At one time Muso used the term "Soloist" I think, but for the reason you
state I changed this to "Performer" - does it still refer to it as
"Soloist" somewhere? But the file import mechanism does read any
"SOLOIST"/"SOLOISTS" (Ogg Vorbis) tags into this muso column, because I
was led to understand it was more standard. If you have "PERFOMER" ogg
vorbis tags instead, the custom tag mechanism from LMS should still be
able to pull this into Muso's Performer column.

I agree about the documentation, this is why I started the wiki - but it
will take some time to complete.