In the process of sorting out a completely unrelated problem, I noticed
that in Windows 8 "Devices and Printers", under "Multimedia Devices", my
iPod Touch which has iPeng installed, appears 18 times.  17 of the 18
show their status as Offline.  My Squeezebox Receiver and Radio only
appear once each in the list.

Comparing the properties of each instance of the iPod, they are
identical except for the Unique Identifier shown on the UPnP tab.  I'm
guessing that every time the iPeng app is started, or the iPod restarts,
a new ID is created.

Is this known behaviour?  I did a quick search through this thread but
couldn't find any related posts.