pippin wrote:
> Like everything, on/off is being sent as a command to the server.
> For synced players, however, iPeng by default applies commands sent
> using the main power control to the whole group (you can turn this off
> in iPeng's settings).
> The individual power buttons in the list of players _only_ act on the
> respective player
>
> Here's the logic for the main power button:
> >   >   >
  - All Players in the sync group are off: All players will be turned
  > on
  - At least one player in the sync group is on: all players will be
  > turned off ("Goodnight" function)
  - "Hold" the power button: Turn off all players, synced or not
  > ("leaving home" function). This comes with a confirmation popup
  > > >

> This way you can control a whole group with the main button.
> All of this does _not_ apply if you have set the "synchronize power"
> button set in the player settings on the server side, this setting
> will hard-link the power state so all players will always be in the
> same state, you can't set them individually. iPeng still allows you to
> set different power states individually.
>
> There is also a difference when playing something: When some of the
> players in a synced group are turned on when you play something and
> your selected player is currently turned off, iPeng will _not_
> automatically turn on the selected player. This avoids accidentally
> turning players on because you don't know which one you are
> controlling. While this is obviously not a problem using the IR
> remote, it's a pretty frequent one for people using Apps or the Web
> Interface, although they often didn't even realize it (look up how
> many threads about Squeezeboxes "automatically" turning on when they
> are synced there are on the forum. I bet all of these are about this
> issue).
>
> A similar logic applies to volume: the main volume bar will also act
> on all players. Volume changes are relative, so the relative volume
> between the players stays similar (unlike the server side setting
> which applies the same volume level to all players). Here, again, the
> individual volume sliders act directly on each player. Players with
> fixed volume level are ignored.

Thanks! That was the info I needed, there were different settings on the
server for the different squeezeboxes.