dsm1212 wrote:
> Regarding the series of comments about spotify playing one song at a
> time. The MOG plugin does not have this limitation so check out mog.
> They seem to have as much music as spotify.

But please be aware that there are strong rumors that MOG is about to be
discontinued. I don't know whether that's true and I certainly would
feel it's a loss but it's what I hear on this forum, even from people
whom I trust that they know what they talk about...

> Regarding the caching songs feature. I have to tell you that isub is the
> best app for accessing my personal music archive (I know personal
> preference but really if you are willing to put up a subsonic server
> it's amazing). Usability is wonderful and it handles cellular better
> than anything out there. However it doesn't have access to all the LMS
> content. No music services, etc. The marriage of isub and ipeng would be
> amazing. I know the developer of isub is very responsive like pippin.
> Maybe you two should talk about sharing some code.

The big problem here is not so much the download itself (which is pretty
trivial) but to write a UI for it and to write a player that behaves
more or less like the Squeezebox player :)
Now... I do already know how I will eventually handle the UI part in
iPeng 7... :)

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7*