@flysurfer

I played around with the settings for a bit and realized, that I had
some things mixed up during testing:

The Odroid built-in audio needs some adjustments to the alsa buffer,
otherwise there are noticeable "pops" during playback, both in webradio
and Google Music. This is easily fixed with the "-a 80:4" setting. I
still get some slight noise, but it is much better. I'll experiment with
higher settings. I'm a bit spoiled,because I use Raspberry Pi with
Hifiberry DAC/Digi for my player devices, and the sound is really great
without any noise or distortion.
The dmix option actually causes a slightly higher CPU load, which is why
I don't like to use it, however, if I use the "hw" parameter, then the
-a settings are ignored, and the "pops" during playback are back.

So, while I prefer "hw" because of the lower CPU load (but it's still
very low, even with dmix), it doesn't work as well on the Odroid, so I
take back my recommendation... ;)

I understand about Pulseaudio and XBMC...I just know that it can cause
problems. Let's just hope that it's OK on the Odroid. I removed it
manually, which is not really a big deal.

I'll try to use a USB soundcard with the Odroid next and will see how
well that works. The internal audio is much better than on the Pi, but
I'm not completely satisified with it yet.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work and frequent updates!