Well, I removed almost everything that I put into the 'library
definition' page except for one directory (in the 'include' section),
and it -appears- that I now have a Classical library; not that it seems
to give me anything very useful.  I have tried to add something to the
'Custom Browse' section but, bloody hell, this is painful!  I am trying
to tell this software to sort on 4 fields: Composer, Genre, Album, and
Album Artist, but after many, many attempts, I get a listing of
composers and then several layers of jumbled-up folders and music
tracks.

So, is there any kind of guide to using this software?  Erland gave a
pointer to some stuff, but that is basically largely unstructured
descriptions of fields and labels and thus not very useful.  By today's
standards this is not cheap software, ranking in cost with dBpoweramp,
MediaMonkey and Corel's Paint Shop Pro (from stuff I use) and is not a
$5 Android app, surely it is reasonable to have some sort of guide.

It is beginning to look like it's time to give up...

Can I ask again: can anyone help with this stuff.