Erland,

Thank you very much for your reply, and I'm sorry that I have been at
bit too busy to look at this for a few days.  I have had a look at some
of this, and have changed my Library specification a little, but, I
think, I have altered the Custom Scan definitions without making any
difference to the duplication problem. I cannot check this right now,
but I will look at it again tomorrow and make sure that I have changed
things in line with your advice.  However, as the screen-shots show, the
duplication is not with 'Composer', which was not in my custom scan, but
with Album and Album Artist, and only the latter of those is specified
in my Custom Scan settings. As I said, I will look again tomorrow.

Regards,
Arthur.

P.S. Please accept my apologies for being so grumpy, it really is
frustrating to have what are obviously powerful and very useful
additions to LMS, but finding great difficulty in using them.