PasTim,

I think you have a point. It would be useful to have a separate thread
(perhaps even a sticky thread) in which expectingtofly summarised the
RTMP and the HLS ondemand tweaks and (importantly) gave the pros and
cons of the RTMP and HLS ondemand options.

Having said that, if the hacks could be incorporated in a plugin, or
even a fork of Triode's plugin, that would be ideal.

In the mean time, yesterday I went back through the thread and copied
out the hacks involved in both options so I would have them as a
reference for the future.

Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant
Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.