PasTim wrote:
> That's the problem with posting logs from just listening rather than
> planned tests.  When things happen I'm not methodical enough to note the
> exact time and every subsequent action - sorry.
>
> I think played the track, got a stutter (a short cut-out) and a bit
> later stopped, and tried the same track in flac (by changing file
> types).  I didn't write down what I did and exactly when, but I guess
> that's what steps (3) and (4) are about.
>
> You may think this is a long track, but I can assure you it isn't.  I
> have some several times longer (e.g. 20 minutes worth).
>
> When I get time (and access to the lounge!) I'll try using minimserver
> to check that it isn't my network or player that's at fault.
>
> Edit.  Isn't this always the way?  Something has a problem, so you take
> it to the repair man and it behaves faultlessly.  Today (31st) I sat
> down with pen and paper to record failure times,  logs quickly available
> from my headless server, and played 24/192 pcm tracks of varying lengths
> for 2 hours.  All played beautifully.  I also used minimserver (which
> the way I have it set up plays tracks as wav rather than pcm) which also
> played without fault.  In a few days or weeks time when I have forgotten
> about this and am unprepared, it will have a glitch again.  I can only
> suspect either a very high priority task kicking off on the server, or a
> transient network fault, causing loss or delay in packets.  That loss or
> delay in turn means that sometimes (but not always) the M1 CLiC player
> misses a set of bits that means the next lot are out of 24 bit packed 1
> sequence and cause noise.
>
> Life.  Don't you just love it? :)

oh well ... I know too much what you just experienced ... still, thank
you for taking the time, really

Let's keep an eye on that and if it happens again and again, we'll find
the problem (I still believe the problem is probably on squeeze2upnp
side, honestly). I'me also looking for a solution to be apble to do 24
bits playback. I've found this GMrender-ressurected project that is a
UPnP renderer for Linux and that should help me investigate better what
is happening at the 'opposite side of the pipe'. It seems to partially
accept 24 bits

LMS 7.7.2 - 5 radio, 3 Boom, 4 Duet, 1 Touch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne
(sort of)