d6jg wrote:
> Phillipe.
> I have spoken to Onkyo Support today. Despite what Device Spy states
> they say the this device does NOT support Gapless playback (except CDs
> of course). I therefore think I now have it set up in an optimum format
> for my use case. Best I can get anyway. Do you want a revised config.xml
> ?

Yes, with pleasure for the updated config.

One comment for the gapless playback. There might a terminology
confusion here. The presence of 'AVTNextURI" field/method as seen in
devicespy is necessary for gapless, but not sufficient. What happens is
that with that method, a UPnP control point can send the URI of the next
track to play while the player is playing the current one. But it is up
to the player to start buffering the next track data while the current
one is playing and then to perform the true gapless transition. Some
players either don't buffer next track while playing the current one or
do not perform a proper true gapless transition due to some
firmware/hardware limitation (change of codec for example). So their
are, stricto sensu, non gapless: they play 'currentURI", end it, change
codec, then play "NextURI" ... here is a gap.

Having said that, the "AVTNextURI" is still a pretty usefull method for
playlist management fo sq2u and I recommend using it when available. Is
it really crashing on your player ? BTW, have you been using the dev
version where I did a lot of corrections / changes that should matter
for your player

LMS 7.7.2 - 5 radio, 3 Boom, 4 Duet, 1 Touch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne
(sort of)