BrynClarke wrote:
> I have apparently installed perl via QPKG (web browser) but from my SCP
> command line, all the commands perl, apt-get, ipkg, sudo, apt-get just
> respond with "program not found".  So I fall at the first hurdle. :-(
>
> Yes if someone who knows QNAP NAS could help I'd be very grateful.
> Thanks anyway

You have first to install Optware. This was formerly available as a QPKG
directly from the QNAP web interface, but it was removed due to some
safety issues. You cans see how to download it in this other forum:
http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.php?tid=30730 in the second post,
and then install it manually from the QNAP App Center.

Then you can follow the procedure in post
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?87731-Announce-YouTube-Plugin&p=810751&viewfull=1#post810751