Man in a van wrote:
> Bryn, below are two examples, I know that Qnap Linux is different, you
> might have to install ipkg.
>
> If some one who has done this on a Qnap would jump in and help that
> would be great, otherwise try the Qnap forums, or just google about with
> different search terms and see what you come up with.
>
> My Nas is stored away and I can't get to it soon.
>
> There is also a Qnap thread on the forum about SSODS/SSOTS (whatever)
>
> Just buy a pi:p
>
> Ronnie.

So I foolishly just upgraded to the latest firmware on the NAS - QTS 4.2
- and everything is screwed.  The NAS works but it apparently doesn't
support SMB 1.0 (I'm still on Vista on my Windows machine), the LMS
installation is not present (the files are still on the hard drive but
SSOD/SSOTS appears not active and LMS is no longer listed as one of the
supported packages......  I guess I will have to rebuild everything from
scratch, but in the meantime maybe I can reinstall my previous QTS.... O
woe o woe