PasTim wrote:
> Hi, I tried the latest dev version this morning, mainly just playing
> rather than any deep methodical testing.  I have only tried it on my
> Marantz CR603, which cannot do gapless.  I haven't changed any
> settings.
>
> 1) I don't like using the LMS volume control, so I have always disabled
> this (ignore all changes).  That still works, but oddly, when I change
> the volume using my remote, it does get changed on the LMS display.  It
> isn't a problem, but is slightly disconcerting.

That was on purpose as I was hoping that it would be considered
convenient to see in LMS the actual volume on the player, even if LMS
cannot influence it

> 3) It failed to go to the next track.  It played briefly and then the
> Marantz threw a wobbly and started scanning for servers again.  I attach
> the log from the start of play up to this point.

Thanks - Will have a detail look at it

> 5) The BBC iPlayer information giving details of the current program and
> current item in the program displays OK on this player (I'm slightly
> unclear on what ICY metadata is), or at least all the information shown
> on the LMS Web GUI also shows on the player.

This are metadata that are inserted in the audio stream, but not as an
element inside a flac or mp3 or wav file, but as something in the HTTP
transport layer so that it is format independant

> I'll get around to testing my other player (MF M1CLiC) at some point,
> maybe later today
Thanks as well

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2