itm wrote:
> OK so running squeeze2cast on another machine (Windows 7) seems to
> resolve the problem.
>
> Going back to the Windows 2008 Server: I've installed Wireshark, and
> generated output from it after starting the CastBridge plugin and
> attempting to playback an mp3. It should be filtered to include only
> traffic between the CC and the Windows 2008 Server running LMS. I'll PM
> you with a link to the Wireshark output.

What this logs says is that "a" server on port 49157 is responding "not
found" on the HTTP GET request made by the CC device. There "has to be"
some other application waiting on that port, although I don't understand
why b/c should it be the case then that port should not be granted to
squeeze2cast, but it is not squeeze2cast responding "not found"
otherwise I would see other traces in its log.

There is obviously something different happening with that Win2008
server configuration, but I don't know what and I don't know well the
specificity of that release, but it might make sense that a special
incoming surveillance is made. So if this is not a basic firewall, could
there be some anti-virus trying to do some smart filtering ? Again, it
really looks like another program is intercepting the GET request and
rejecting it before it reaches squeeze2cast.

One thing you can try is to force squeeze2cast to wait on another port
of your choice by setting "network socket to use" to ":xxxxx" where
xxxxx is a port number of your choice >10000. This not a great solution
though as you have to make sure this port is always available when your
start the plugin. This obviously will not work if the problem is an
anti-virus intercepting GET requests.

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2