philippe_44 wrote:
> What this logs says is that "a" server on port 49157 is responding "not
> found" on the HTTP GET request made by the CC device. There "has to be"
> some other application waiting on that port, although I don't understand
> why b/c should it be the case then that port should not be granted to
> squeeze2cast, but it is not squeeze2cast responding "not found"
> otherwise I would see other traces in its log.
>
> There is obviously something different happening with that Win2008
> server configuration, but I don't know what and I don't know well the
> specificity of that release, but it might make sense that a special
> incoming surveillance is made. So if this is not a basic firewall, could
> there be some anti-virus trying to do some smart filtering ? Again, it
> really looks like another program is intercepting the GET request and
> rejecting it before it reaches squeeze2cast.
>
> One thing you can try is to force squeeze2cast to wait on another port
> of your choice by setting "network socket to use" to ":xxxxx" where
> xxxxx is a port number of your choice >10000. This not a great solution
> though as you have to make sure this port is always available when your
> start the plugin. This obviously will not work if the problem is an
> anti-virus intercepting GET requests.

So I discovered that ResMon displays which programs are listening on
which TCP ports, and it seems that BubbleUPNP is using port 49157. So I
tried to change squeeze2cast to use 49156 instead (see screenshot below)
but, despite restarting both squeeze2cast and LMS, ResMon reports that
Squeezebox is still using port 49157 (see 2nd screenshot below). I tried
typing both ":49156" and "49156" in the "network socket to use" box, but
neither seemed to have any effect. Is there another way of forcing
squeeze2cast to use a different port?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nv6egyevb6xz9jj/port1.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf4tgcjppcsa0w8/port2.png?dl=0