mherger wrote:
> Wow... I'm surprised we didn't hit this before. That's a bug in the
> plugin manager. It would not accept anything but http://. That's fixed
> in the next build. Thanks for the heads up!
No problem, and glad it's been fixed. Does it also allow the repository
URL to work over https:// ?

Is that the build I'll have downloaded this morning?
logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1463124735

mherger wrote:
> 403 is "no permissions". Are you sure you're using a public address?
>
> FWIW: I just installed 0.3.1 successfully. So this seems to be
> resolved?

It's possible that I was supplying an incorrect URL for the HTTP version
at GitHub. The reason it works now is that I've moved everything to my
own web hosting for now.

I'll put everything back onto GitHub with https URLs and run another
installation check later. If that all works Ok then hopefully it looks
like we've nailed this.

mherger wrote:
> Definitely, yes. This thread's subject ends in a question mark. Users
> tend to ignore this ;-). I usually prepend the subject with a "Announce"
>
> or something to make it clear this is not a question.

Ok, once I'm happy it's all installing correctly and seems to be
working, I'll make an 'Announce' post. Is this forum the best place to
do that? Or is one of the other topics more appropriate?

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Andy