On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 at 10:02, zyx <z...@gmx.us> wrote:
>         Hi,
> when you malloc(), you should also free().

Yes, sorry: I think I dirty fixed it while thinking I was using a
std::vector, which probably it's just the better way to fix it without
using manual C allocation.

> This particular change doesn't make sense to me. What is the exact
> error there?

MSVC doesn't like VLA(s).

 Also, you are not allocation large enough buffer there, it
> should be:
>    sizeof(pdf_utf16be) * (lLenUtf16 + 1)
> similarly with the next podofo_malloc(),

I just copied the size from the previous allocation with VLA so I
guess if it's wrong now it was wrong also before?

>but really, what exactly is
> this fixing, please?

The fix is just about removing usage of VLA.

> By the way, with so many patches and the limit of message size you
> reached, I'm wondering whether a better approach would be to use the
> tickets and file one for each change. There had been made some
> conclusion for it in the past, if I recall correctly (it's relatively
> long ago).

If I remember correctly, the conclusion was just about attaching
patches as diff files and not as inline patches. I see a difference in
the sense I
prefer to just use mailing list for patches since sometimes I send them with
git-imap-send, which is soooo convenient, especially with patch series.
Please, let's keep development on mailing list.