On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 at 14:11, zyx <z...@gmx.us> wrote:

> On Tue, 2019-01-15 at 12:25 +0100, Francesco Pretto wrote:
> > +    pdf_utf8* pszUtf8 = ( pdf_utf8* )podofo_malloc( sizeof( pszUtf8
> > ) * ( lLenUtf8 + 1 ) );
>
>         Hi,
> there ^^^ is a typo, you didn't mean 'sizeof(pszUtf8)', but
> 'sizeof(pdf_utf8)' for sure. I also made it use 'static_cast', instead
> of the C-style re-typing.

Thanks. I honestly have the feeling this codepath is not traversed at
all just by running "podofo-test" since all these mistakes should have
caused a crash for sure.

> The patch has also inconsistent line endings, which will be a big
> problem, especially if it's in the other patches as well. My svn claims
> that here:
>
>    $ svn diff
>    svn: E135000: File '..../src/base/PdfEncrypt.cpp' has inconsistent newlines
>    svn: E135000: Inconsistent line ending style
>    svn: E200042: Additional errors:

I don't see problems on my side. The problem is PdfEncrypt.cpp is CRLF
line ending and this is inconsistent with the rest of the project
which is LF line ending. Editor is actually respecting the behavior
.editorconfig which states LF line ending for .cpp files, but it's
modifying only edited lines as usually editors do by default. Good
idea would be to normalize PdfEncrypt.cpp to LF line ending.

> > I'm running "podofo-test" (which output is sadly very cluttered) and
> > see if the final report if there are failing tests.
>
> You can also use: `podofo-test --selftest`, which generates different
> summary. I do not know whether switching the default summary output
> would be a problem for others or not. Maybe the XML output is the
> convention with CMake. No idea.

Will try next time.

> Your commit message mentions:
> but none of the two proposed patches contain any change in there.

I see the modification in PdfEncrypt.cpp, also in your svn commit.
It's about the "typedef SSIZE_T ssize_t".