Here it is the updated patch. I run it again unit tests: I still don't
get any failure with exception of test with id 49 (EncodingTest.cpp)
which I am *also* getting on svn trunk r1957.
Yes, it's very strange it wasn't crashing. Maybe I am running
incorrectly the tests and some are not run? I'm running "podofo-test"
(which output is sadly very cluttered) and see if the final report if
there are failing tests.

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 at 11:41, zyx <z...@gmx.us> wrote:
> Looking a bit more closely to the patch, is it about the stack-
> allocated array size being specified by an argument of the function,
> instead of a static size known during compile time? I'm wondering why
> also gcc doesn't claim about it. That might be wrong at least in C (I
> think that, but I do not know that).

Yes, stack-allocated arrays are VLA (variable length array) which is a
C99 thing or also probably C++ with GCC extension, which is usually
the default if you use GCC.

> No, it's not. Why to add an overhead of the std::vector class on
> something what is a string, a plain character array? Just add
> podofo_free() on appropriate places and fix the other things and that's
> it.

No problem: I eventually used podofo_malloc() and podofo_free(). Well,
using std::vector I would have avoided mistakes at first.