On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:59:03 -0600  "Wiggins d Anconia" wrote:
 +------------------
 | I'll add another. I think at the very least POE (with the 'E') needs to
 | stay intact. I know the "chatting" convention has been to use 'PoCo',
 | but to keep the two related I think the full 'POE' spelling needs to be
 | included. The 'x' form definitely aligns well with the DBI -> DBIx
 | pre-existing example.

Perhaps I'm too sentimental but I prefer names that are pronounceable.
PoCo has a high pronounce-ability.  As does POE::Co.  POEx seems to be just
a capitulation to some week previous art.   The most useful of the
DBI extensions are not even in the DBIx space.  Class::DBI for example.
We have an opportunity to avoid doing something that is just mundane.
Lets not miss it only to adhere to some perceived convention.

--
    Chris Fedde