What you envision is very plausible.  We need to follow this story to see if
any new facts emerge to clarify it.

  With regard to intel interest in general in compromising, infiltrating and
controlling major Internet companies: can you appreciate what a prize outfits
like Google, Yahoo, Amazon, AOL and Comcast are?  I'm sure you can.  Google,
and its treasure trove of clickstreams, may be the ultimate aquarium for the
human race.

  For more background check out Carl Cameron's CNN report on Israeli
involvement in telecommunications espionage in America (a story which was
subsequently censored and scrubbed from CNN under the instigation of the ADL
thought police, but which is still widely available on the Internet.)  Try
searching on "carl cameron amdocs" without the quotes.

Bond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
            I hear you, although there's such elegance involved in simple and
surgical operations.  Consider this portion of Lehrman's email:

  "Tonight, I checked on a hunch and found that Reuven's entire website has
disappeared. The domain has not expired, and was hosted at a free site on
geocities.com (Yahoo). Once again, I suspect active sabotage. Google
schossen.com and you can see the cached version."

  Google spooks involved, yet they leave a cached version in their system?

  Consider also that Reuven had indicated a recent home intrusion event
("looking for documents").  Again, the Occam's Razor suggests an elegant
explanation:  Reuven's computer had been compromised with keyloggers, and/or
trojan software.. then at an appropriate time, the intruders simply return to
his premises, power-up his PC and take down the Geocities-hosted website!

  The elegance is in the Originating IP being Reuven's.  And, it may well be
Lehrman's GMail 'modifications' were also done from his own PC.  Zero blowback.

  ----- Original Message -----   From: Sean McBride