With regard to the intrusive explanation, try this search on Google:

  http://www.google.com/search?q=Jew

  You will see the following explanation at the top of the search:

  "We're disturbed about these results as well.  Please read our note here."

  Then read the explanation here:

  http://www.google.com/explanation.html

  Question: is Google a universal search engine or is it an ethnocentric search
engine?  Why does no other ethnic or religious group receive this kind of
special treatment from Google?  Do Sergey Brin and Larry Page have a special
interest in this issue?  Is this why Google weirdly tried to censor material on
Google Video proving that the BBC announced the collapse of WTC7 a half hour
before it actually fell?

  Notice the URL for the "explanation": clearly it's the only "breaking of the
frame" of its type on Google search.  It's THE explanation, the only one.

  Also note that the explanation cites the ADL as an authority.  That's
interesting, dear Google: the ADL has a proven track record of engaging in
large-scale illegal spying on Americans, and is widely (and reasonably)
suspected of coordinating its activities with Mossad.  You can look it up on
Google.

  Google needs to be as pure as the driven snow on these matters because of the
enormous power it wields, and because of the potential for the abuse of that
power.  It needs to create the impression of absolute impartiality with regard
to controversial political issues.  It has already failed in this regard and
displayed an evident bias.  That is the kind of mistake one never really
recovers from -- the seeds of suspicion have been planted by Google itself.

LeaNder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

-
  Google also (and weirdly) provides intrusive editorial commentary on searches
which ruffle the feathers of a certain lobby.

I don't quite understand what this means? Could you give an example?

Personally I simply ignore it when another mail suddenly disappears,thinking I
must have clicked the wrong online or desktop button. My longer experience is
that working under stress produces these things almost automatically. And my
biggest problem is that I usually try to do several things at once. This means
I do not always pay the close atttentions  every single would deserve. Not that
I would not like to have a program that would let me check what exactly
happened in hindsight. ...

That said; I do not know the the people and how they function, so maybe they
deserve the benefit of doubt. BUT this is admittedly a story were I wonder if
certain basical "pre judgements" are necessary to lean to the other side. ...

There is a certain air of spectaculum about the whole thing that makes me
wonder if it closer to reality or fiction. Although to complicate things:
sometimes fiction turns into reality and reality into fiction.

Tthus I write this with all due respect to your  hesitant: "Maybe, maybe..."