   From:    Sean    McBride
   To: political-research@yahoogroups.com
   Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 1:33    PM
   Subject: Re: [political-research] Keeping    It Real

The strongest signal that is coming through your posts is that    you are
easily upset by criticism of Israel and the Israel lobby.     Apparently you
strongly support Jewish ethnic nationalism, but strongly oppose    every other
form of ethnic nationalism.  How do you explain the    self-contradiction and
the double standards?

The neoconservatives who    have dominated the Bush 43 administration, and who
are most responsible for    the Iraq War, are dominated by militant Jewish
ethnic nationalists like    Elliott Abrams and Douglas Feith.  Have either
Berlet or you ever    addressed this issue?

Also, the repetitive use of "loons" and synonyms    for "loons" is the
preferred rhetorical style of most neocons ("moonbat" is a    favorite term of
abuse).  See Little Green Footballs, FrontPage Magazine    and Atlas Shrugs for
numerous examples.

If you believe the 9/11    official story, you will be a minority of one in
this group.  For most    us, that debate was concluded long ago -- the official
story was totally    routed.  How any skeptical and independent mind could
believe the    official story for an instant is beyond me.

Michael Pugliese    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:             On 6/6/07, Sean
McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      wrote:

> These are just a few political commentators and      analysts who are making
> stronger contributions to understanding contemporary      American politics
> than Berlet. Most of them have been accused of      anti-Semitism at one time
> or another, simply because they refuse to bow down      before AIPAC, Likud
> and the neocons. I hardly agree with them on everything,      and they hardly
> agree with one another on everything, but most of them are      *keeping it
> real*:
>
> Alex Jones
>
> Cindy Sheehan:      Twin Towers' Collapse Looked Like Controlled Demolition
> Anti-war      icon supports move for new investigation into 9/11
> Paul Joseph      Watson
> Prison Planet
> Thursday, May 31,      2007

Just out of curiosity, I took a look at this      Prison Planet website. I
had a suspicion that it was another rightwing      outlet that mixes 9/11
conspiracy theory with other wacko ideas. I was      right:

--It links to the Vdare anti-immigrant website.

--It      charges "globalists" with a global warming conspiracy. "Globalists"
are      the same forces that the militias in the 1990s harped on. You know.
The      UN, the Bilderberg, black helicopters and all that.

etc.,      etc.

The website is in the inspiration of one Alex Jones, who has      written
that communists in the West are funded by big corporations.      That's news
to me. Maybe I can hit up General Motors to help defray the      costs      of
Marxmail.

aargh, http://www.publiceye.org/conspire/Post911/dubious_claims.html

>      Douglas Herman, who?
Edward Herman, though is a Milosevic      apologist,
http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?ItemID=8327
http://dennisperrin.blogspot.com/2007/06/beat-press.html

http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/article.php?pg=11&ar=978

http://jeffweintraub.blogspot.com/2006/04/some-rebuttals-to-mearsheimer-walts.html
>      Joseph Cannon, who?

> Joseph Galloway, who?

> Joshua      Micah Marshall, TPM Muckraker is great.

> Juan Cole,      good.

> Justin Raimondo, when he's good he's good, when he isn't      he is horrible.

> Kathleen Christison, see the comments I sent      earlier via Doug Henwood's
> list on the Counterpunch anthology on      anti-semitism.

> Kevin Phillips, very good. Though he uses that      crappy LaRoucheite book
> on the Bush family.

> Kurt Nimmo,      AARGH!

> Michael Lind, good.

> Michael Rivero, is full      of sheeit,
A blog, focused on him, whatdidn'treallyhappen has lots      of howlers from
Mikey.

> Michael Ruppert, jeesh,
http://www.publiceye.org/conspire/Post911/dubious_claims.html
>      Norman Finkelstein,
Marxist critique of N.F.,
http://www.whatnextjournal.co.uk/Pages/Newint/Finkel.html
Finkelstein's      Follies: The Dangers of Vulgar Anti-Zionism

> Patrick Lang,      good.

> Paul Craig Roberts, THREE CHEERS FOR racist, nativist      anti-immigrant
> nuttery from Roberts and his vDARE pals.Loved Pinochet too      the supply
> side pig.

> Paul Joseph Watson, see Jones      above.

> Paul Krugman, good.

> Philip Weiss see comment      on Raimondo.

> Ray McGovern, why did he speak on a tour with      Maoist loons from the RCP?

> Robert Dreyfuss, good writer but, he      writes for the racist, nativist The
> American Conservative as does Weiss. Pb.      of his book blurbed by EIR, the
> LaRouche rag, aargh.

> Robert      Fisk, ("I can totally understand why these Afghan's tried to kill
>      me!.")
good but, when heis bad, oy vey sez this gentile. The Nation      book
review pointed out factual errors in his last tome.

>      Robert Parry, good.

> Robert Scheer, good, except when he was a      fan of Kim Il Sung. See the
> Ron Radosh autobio.

> Scott      McConnell
> Scott Ritter
> Seymour Hersh, see,