Kat didn't want to talk about what she saw... so Julia wouldn't mention it.
"Did Nick speed?" she asked, working to get Kat's name off of whatever it
was she Saw that upset her. She kept her thoughts clear and centered as she
looked at Alex. Then she looked up at Rachel as she brought over
sandwiches, set them out on a plate in the middle of the table and took the
seat across from her daughter.
"Peanut butter and jelly, ham, and other cold cuts." Rachel announced,
getting herself a half sandwich with ham and cheese in it.
"Not all together I hope." Julia deliberately misunderstood, grinning when
Rachel groaned.
"Yuck, Julia... don't tell me you have a stomach like Nick's..."
"Yes," Kat said though it took a moment to remember the events before the
toy store. "I told him not too, but she doesn't listen so good sometimes."
Then she giggled a little about the peanut butter and ham sandwiches.
"Yes, she does," Alex added. "Actually, it might be worse than his. There
are things that Nick won't even touch and I'm pretty sure Julia would."
Alex and Kat