Julia stuck her tongue out at Alex and then winked, only to reach over and
squeeze Kat's shoulder reassuringly and brushing hair from her face "No
worries, kiddo. It wasn't here but at the annual Luna Foundation party. "

Rachel watched the two thoughtfully, still with the humorous expression, and
was touched that the two had bonded so well.  It got her to thinking...

Then she blinked, looking Julia's mouth.  The woman hadn't complained once
about her injuries and yet Rachel knew Mitchell had landed a couple of hard
blows.  She had picked up on Kat being upset and had put aside the rest.
Even the sephlicurs...

"Mmm, that was good." Julia stuck her fingertips in her mouth, one after the
other, as if licking them in satisfaction to the sandwich.  She would have
patted her stomach but it was sore and she didn't want to get Kat worried.
She was barely able to calm down.

She was looking at her profile and turned to Rachel and caught the older
woman's gaze, shaking her head inperceptively to ignore it for now and that
she'd deal with it in a bit.

She then looked at Alex and reached around the back of Kat's chair to mock
swap her friend in the arm "Don't go thinking I've forgotten how hard you
laughed either... you had to leave the room and I could still hear you."


Alex grinned, "I'm sure I embarrassed Derek to no end," she admitted.  "But
I couldn't help it."

Kat giggled at the thought of this as she finished off her sandwich.  "Nick
didn't eat them," she asked curiously.

"No," Alex told her he didn't and he didn't tell her either.

Kat and Alex


Reply via email to