"Oh I see," the woman said smiling pleasantly.  "And how many would you need?   Would a dozen do?"

Kat turned her eyes to Rachel, she had no problem with lots of cupcakes, but since her mom was the one paying she thought she better not answer that.

Rachel looked at Kat and shrugged with a half grin "Sounds good to me."  Then she turned to the baker "Where's the nearest payphone?"
 
She was trying to not push Kat but she was worried about how her daughter was acting... especially with the need to leave Angel Island when it was obvious she had been having fun with not only Nick but with Julia as well.  She couldn't help but think that it had something to do with what had upset Kat earlier.
 
The baker pointed to the small corridor to the right of them and Rachel nodded, giving her the delivery information and paying the amount the baker gave her for the cakes.  She then pointed a thumb at the nearby tables and chairs for Kat "Want to take a seat while I call Alex? I'll just be a second."

If you want Polt back, write in!

Reply via email to