Rachel dialed the number to the house, at the same time peeking out to make sure Kat was okay.  On the third ring Dominick picked up.
 
"Hello?"
"Oh, hi Dominick, it's Rachel.  Is Alex still upstairs?"
"Aye, ma'am, she is.  Want me to - ?"
 
"Oh no no, that's fine.  Could you give her a message though? We're going to go ahead and have the dinner at our place tonight and we're picking up the cakes.  Please bring Kat's bear with her and we expect everyone there.  You too if you'd like."
 
The older man chuckled "Thank you, Ms. Corrigan but I have a date with my granddaughter tonight.  I'll be sure to pass the message on to Miss Alex though."
 
Rachel smiled and wished him well before hanging up then going back to Kat "Well Dominick's passing on a message for us so I'm sure Alex will bring your bear."
 
She sat down and blew at her bangs "What's the word on the desert?"
 
 

Reply via email to