Rachel looked at her daughter and gave her a half smile "No I didn't forget
your bear. But we need to take a minute here to talk, before we start on
shopping."
She gathered her thoughts and then leaned forward, putting her hand over her
daughter's, and talking quietly, so that no one else could hear.
"I know something happened earlier, honey," she started "Something that
upset you a great deal."
"And," she admitted, giving Kat's hand a reassuring squeeze "If I didn't
feel it was so important for you to get it off your chest, I'd let it go
until you were ready to talk about it. Well, not only that but....... if
there's one thing I've learned from experience with Alex and Derek, it's to
listen to them when it comes to their Sight. It's not always right, but
I've found out a lot of things could be avoided if I listened to them and
then kept it in mind. You do realize that what you... see can be a kind of
warning signal?"
"Honey, I don't want to push you, you know that... at least I hope you know
that," she tried teasing her, knowing there were times that the protective
vibe did get the better of her "And.. well I know it had to do with Alex and
I."
Her baby girl... Rachel should have allowed someone to work with her a long
time before this. Had she let them, Kat wouldn't be so scared now and would
be better able to handle what it was she saw.
She hoped Alex and Julia could help.
She breathed in and sighed a little, her expression showing Kat that she
didn't really want to dredge up bad memories but that it was important that
Kat vocalize what it was she had seen.
"Kat, just one more thing for you to think about okay? You may not
understand what it was you saw... but if you told someone else, they might,
and they would also have that forewarning I was telling you about -- if it's
a precognition." she stroked her daughter's hand once more before sitting
back to let Kat thinking about that and answer if she wanted to.
"I wish I had the know how like Julia and Alex, kiddo," she admitted with a
little curve of her lips that was both sheepish and a little frustrated "I
feel like I'm swiming in the deep end without my floatie. And don't let
that stop you from talking or saying what's on your mind. Just know that
you're going to have to be a little patient with me."
Kat bit her lip very hard, she didn't want to talk about this and she really
wished her mom didn't think people had to talk about everything. She knew
it was her mother's job, but she still wished it. It was very hard to even
think about talking about it, much less get the words past her lips. She
just wanted to go shopping and go home. That was it, then watch videos
until everyone came over. They'd all be safe then, because the bad stuff
happened at the house.
She looked up at Rachel, "I just ....I saw you screaming and Alex
crying....that's all. I thought something happened to you." This was the
best she could do. She had no idea how to describe the fear and emotions
she'd felt during the vision. "Can we go now?"
Kat