Julia slipped her hand into Nick's and moved them to her lap, at the same time asking
"And this rite.. it has to be done at night, correct?"
=====
Nick held onto her hand while looking into her eyes. He couldn't help but smile.
=====
Odd how she knew it but couldn't recall it but that had been the same with the
seplicurs - she just 'knew' it.
Jimmy looked at her and asked "You're okay with this aren't you? I mean... you did
leave the place to be with this loser."
His tone was of an older big brother toward a younger one and Julia mimiced Nick's
usual humorous 'snear' in answer "Cute. At least I wasn't stuck with the ugly one."
====
Nick began laughing at Julia's comment. "Ha big brother, burned!"
====
Jimmy laughed and slapped his knee, for the moment forgetting about the Soulchaser and
that he had once tried to kick his arse back to hell as he complimented Nick "You've
got yourself a live one there, little brother!"
Julia grinned and shook her head, turning to Nick and whispering "Yeah, look what ya
got yourself into."
=====
"what have I got myself into?"