> Derek blinked in surprise and near shock. Her mother actually told her it
> was bad to have the Gift??
>
> He sighed inwardly. How in the hell was he supposed to handle this? Her
> mother refused her her ability or understanding.... and Alyssa had been
put
> here by whatever person or power able.
>
> "I've been called many things," he admitted quietly and with a small try
at
> a smile "But not crazy. And I see things."
>
> Maybe if she knew that others had the Gift and it wasn't wrong.....
>
Alex had been sitting silently on the floor beside the couch. "So do I,"
she told the child. "It's all right if you do."
Alyssa's eyes remained closed. Even if they were right, and they were
strangers so she had no reason to trust them, it wouldn't change the fact
that her mother would be angry if she found out. "No," she whispered. "I
can't."
Alyssa and alex