> Rachel picked up on the phone on the second ring, feeling much better and
> rested "Hello, Doctor Corrigan speaking."
>
> Derek sat down in the chair next to her with a barely restrained glare at
> that bit of information and nodded for Alex to put Rachel on the speaker
> phone. There was something else in his gaze too, having to do with Alyssa
> herself and the feeling he was experiencing. But first thing was first.
>
> "Rachel, we need you to come to the House. I know you were going to head
> over later for Kat but something's come up."
>
> He spent the next few minutes explaining everything, finishing with "I
need
> you to help my daughter, Rachel."
>
> He couldn't deny his feelings. The last time someone had come to claim
him
> as a father he had let his emotions for the woman cloud his judgement, but
> there had been a seed of doubt. Now.. now there wasn't. Something deep
> within him knew that Alyssa was his daughter, even if Alex hadn't had
pulled
> that picture up.
>
> "I'm on my way." Rachel said, hanging up.
>
Alex disconnected the speaker phone when Rachel hung up and turned her eyes
to Derek. "She's been relatively healthy other than this. Just normal
childhood illnesses. And she's extremely bright with an I/Q that's far
above average." She smiled a little, "I should pull my own medical records
and see what my doctors have to say about me, they seem to record every
feeling and observation they have whether it relates to why you're there or
not."
Alex