As Alex finished her answer, Moncrieff stood up from the table. "Your honors," he
said, adressing the Furies. "I would like a few moments to speak with my partner."
The Furies looked at each other, then back to the oily lawyer. "Granted," ssaid one
of them.
"Thank you," Moncfeiff said, then motioning for the Soulchaser to join him.
"Just what in the hell do you think you're doing?" he asked the Soulchaser. "My first
attemp to smear his reputation blew up in my face, and now you want to make him look
even more like a boy scout?"
"I'm just making sure that the furies know the truth about him," Soulchaser sneered
back.
Moncreiff's nostrils flared. "Listen here you gargantuan bastard, we don't have time
for your riteous bullshit. Just sit down, and let me take care of this trial."
"No way," Soulchaser grumbled. "I didn't want you here in the first place."
"Don't forget what I'm holding over you, S.C," Moncreiff said with a confident sneer.
"It would be a shame if you anded up in the frying pan because of your damned desire
to uphold the truth."
Soulchaser grabbed his reluctant partner by his shirt collar. "I don't care," he
snarled. "I'm not going to stand behind your tactics any longer."
Moncreiff wriggled free. "Then so be it. I had truly hoped it wouldn't come to
this." He gave the soulchaser one last look and Turned toward the Furies.
"Your honors," he began. "It is now apparent that this case is much deeper than i
thought it was. In truth, it was not a conspiracy between Jimmy Boyle and the Hunter.
This plot extends to the Guardian of Damned souls himself." He pointed at the
Soulchaser who stood looking really pissed off.
"He, your Honors, is Jimmy Boyle's conspirator!"