Well right me if I`m wrong but OpenOffice IS in the Ports for OpenBSD 4.0
(i386 only). So shouldn`t I exspect a working port then?!

No, but it's a bit out of the ordinary. In 4.0 the port was in the ports tree but NOT connected to the build. That is, in 4.0 the ports/editors/Makefile did not include openoffice, as it was not ready for use then. It still has some issues (the biggest being that Save New or Save As don't work, so if you create a new file from scratch you lose). However it is getting better all the time.

> Will a package be avaiable for 4.0 if the Port doesn`t work?!

Not sure how you'd expect such a package to be created :-)