Saw an Earle CD in the store the other day I ain't ever seen before. It was
called "Shut Up and Die Like an Aviator," and seemed to be a live recording,
but I don't think the cover was very definitive about that. So, anyway, how
is this? Is it a solo affair? If there's a band, do they rock? Is the
production up to snuff, or is it a bit slick like most of his pre-Train
albums? Is this heroin-era Earle, and does his performance reflect that?
Any, and all, opinions are welcome on this matter.

Also--and on a completely unrelated note--can someone offer a reason why
record companies used to make double LP's with Side 1 backed with Side 4?
Call me crazy, but wouldn't it make more sense to have Side 2 on the flip
since the record is already right there on the friggin turntable?

And finally, in case you were wondering, Leadbelly turned 114 today. He's
living in Miami, playing the revival circuit, and supplementing his income
by stealing Garth Brooks CD's from Barnes and Nobles and selling them to the
local Wherehouse.

Lance

"I guess the juice business is more important than the ideals our hippie
forefathers refused to go to war and die for.”
     --Homer Jay Simpson