This record has become a fave recent acquisition and just curious if
anyone else thinks highly of this record.  It consists of members of
Golden Delicious and Fernando - good bands from Portland.

If a record can be defined as "aternative" country - this qualifies. It's
got some country like songs, but done i a different style - some of it
Indian - raga style.  I think fans of the Flaming Lips, Nirvana, and
Wilco would find this recor dappealing. There's some good distortion ala
Nirvana, great straight songwriting in the rock vein of Wilco, and sound
experimenting the way the Lips perform. But throughoput there's  this
asian sitar/tabla like drumming going on - including a real rock and roll
raga.

Best of all, to me, is the onderful mood of the whole record.  This
record has wonderful atmosphere - I throw out more band names as a
comparison - Lambchop or Lullaby for the Workign Class. Yeah, alot of styles.

Anyway, I'm always turned on by bands that think outside the box, and
these are few and far between - but this one does it.

I guess there's Holy Modal influences here since they cover a Michael
Hurley song (I think the main guy - Kevin Richey has a connection with
them). Pete Krebs is on here too!

ldk sez check 'em out!

keep dancing,
-ldk