<< Also--and on a completely unrelated note--can someone offer a reason why
 record companies used to make double LP's with Side 1 backed with Side 4?
 Call me crazy, but wouldn't it make more sense to have Side 2 on the flip
 since the record is already right there on the friggin turntable? >>

Ooh, good one, and I'm old enough to answer it. It's because, you may or may
not recall, at one point phongraphs became so technologically evolved that you
had the record changer that you used to suspend multiple records over the
turntable. As one album ended, the next would fall into place... kinda like a
CD changer... kinda. So, the savvy music biz types realized that by puttings
sides 1 and 4 together and 2 and 3 together, it allowed the listener to hear
the album in chronological order. Side 1 played then 2 fell. Then you flipped
the whole thing over and got 3 and 4. And then your brain was completely chock
full of Peter Frampton coming alive, even tho, in retrospect, you only needed
to hear two songs.

Geriatrically yours,

Neal Weiss
np - the voice box from Frampton's "Show Me the Way," of course.