> Also--and on a completely unrelated note--can someone offer a reason why
> record companies used to make double LP's with Side 1 backed with Side 4?
> Call me crazy, but wouldn't it make more sense to have Side 2 on the flip
> since the record is already right there on the friggin turntable?

Way back in the Stone Age, turntables used to come with multi-disc spindles;
you'd put a stack of records on, and as each one finished and the arm
retracted, the next one would drop into place (yep, on top of the
just-finished one) and start playing.  To play a double LP with the sides in
proper sequence, you'd stack sides 1 and 2; when you flipped the whole stack
over, you'd get sides 3 and 4.

Thank God Jon Johnson just tossed off that "relatively young at 52" line...

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/