<< Second, do you suppose that the persistent misattribution of "Wild And
Blue"
 is an effort to cover up the fact that writer John Scott Sherrill gets cuts
 with the likes of Brooks & Dunn? >>

Naw. Nothing that paranoid. I think the mistake is an honest one. In the CD
booklet, the band's comment regarding that song is: "From the Mekons, because
we all love Jon Langford so much." That's enough of a lead -- or mislead, as
it were -- to assume it is a Mekons' song, I think. Couple that with the level
of mainstream obscurity of both the Mekons and the songwriter in question
(John Scott Sherrill, whom I for one had never heard) and I think it's an
honest error to assume that maybe this guy wrote the song for the Mekons. It's
just one of those things. Sorry, Jon, no anti-Nashvegas conspiracy here.

Now the fact that the band couldn't get the songwriter's name correct is a
whole nuther issue. They referenced it to "John Scott Sherry."

Neal Weiss