<< > Ouch!! <g>.  Even so, it seems to be a song that gets more than its
 > share of misattribution.

 Maybe so, but it's not exactly an obscure tune.  I don't have my Billboard
 book handy, but I believe it was a #1 hit for John Anderson.--don >>

Not sure why I'm so bugged by this today, but let me just remind you that
obscurity is a relative term. I'd even argue that for many John Anderson might
fall under that heading for rock folks. Or, better yet (worse yet?), they
might think it's the lead singer of Yes. That would be a totally logical
assumption when hearing those two names together. I for one, probably can't
tell you a thing about John Anderson except that he's got a beard and a long
head. Not on reference to a song, nada (except for "Wild and Blue" <g>). And I
am still perfectly capable of writing about Hazeldine.

Neal Weiss