<< > Second, do you suppose that the persistent misattribution of "Wild And
 > Blue" is an effort to cover up the fact that writer John Scott Sherrill
 > gets cuts with the likes of Brooks & Dunn?

 Nah, just the usual country-music ignorance that we've come to expect from
 rock critics.--don >>

Guilty as charged. I've never heard of the guy. But, if we really want to get
into it, I think there's something pretty unfair about this comment, Don.
After all, I suspect Hazeldine would call themselves a rock band first.
Therefore, we apply *rock* knowledge to such an assessment of their work. And
I for one have never heard of this effin' guy and, as an rock critic, am
confident enough in my own depth of knowledge of country music to feel okay
with such ignorance. It's not like he's Willie or Harlan or Acuff or
something. (Is it?)

And should a country music writer not write about the album if he's not sure
who Sparklehorse is or the E6 tradition that spawned Neutral Milk Hotel?

Neal Weiss