The movie "Outlaw Blues" has been on cable this month, and I've got a
question about the theme song that maybe someone here can answer. Who wrote
it?  I'm wondering because the music credits at the end of the film list
John Oates.  Is this the John Oates of Hall and Oates fame?

(For those who haven't seen this 1977 film, it stars Peter Fonda and Susan
Saint James.  Fonda is an ex-con attempting to get payback from a big
country star named Garland Dupree who stole his song "Outlaw Blues" while
he was locked up at Huntsville.  Pretty entertaining stuff, and much of it
was filmed in Austin.)