Todd Larson wrote:

> The movie "Outlaw Blues" has been on cable this month, and I've got a
> question about the theme song that maybe someone here can answer. Who
> wrote it?  I'm wondering because the music credits at the end of the
> film list John Oates.  Is this the John Oates of Hall and Oates fame?

>From the soundtrack album cover: (1977, Warner Bros)

Outlaw Blues (John Oates),  Vocal: Peter Fonda
Everybody's Goin' on the Road (Steve Fromholz)  Vocal: Fromholz
Jailbirds Can't Fly (Sanders/O'Leary)  Vocal: Fonda
I Dream of Hiways (Hoyt Axton/Renee Armand)  Vocal: Fonda/St. James
Beyond These Walls (Axton)  Vocal: Fromholz
Water for my Horses (Axton) Vocal: Fonda
Whisper in a Velvet Night (Lee Clayton)  Vocal: Axton
Little More Holy (Fromholz)  Vocal: Fromholz

Some good pickers on this soundtrack:  Doug Dillard, Robben Ford,
George Clinton,  Richard Greene, Pete Grant.

-jp