"R.W.Shamy Jr." wrote:

> It may have been a start to the Austin filming movement but we had to start
> at some point!  Plus it built up the Austin music scene, Armadillo World, to
> name one.  There are too many little details to mention.  Anyway Joe, how's
> our girl Kimmie doing?   Her cd is a big hit here in the North East?  Give
> all my best!   RW

Actually, my grumpy reply aside, that movie was in fact part of the
upsurgence of Austin as a music town beyond what it had traditionally
been up to that point. I think it helped people to realize that we could
make films here, record real records here, etc.

As for Kimmie, we finally finished her new CD masters, which is why I'm
back here in this esteemed forum. It's a helluva record, which her son
Gabe produced. For a tiny taste (which is not necessarily representative
of the whole record, only part of it) check out our website and get you
an MP3 player ready to go...

--
Joe Gracey
President-For-Life, Jackalope Records