> > All right, I was paging through P2 stuff hastily, so there's a chance I
> >  missed it, but I do believe that no one's mentioned Emmylou Harris's
> efforts
> >  to erase history.
>
>    Hmmm...could someone fill me in on this?  Something about how
> she's tried to paper over being a middle-class kid from  the D.C. suburbs,
or
> something?

No, actually more relevant than that to the Dixie Chicks/early work threads.
To quote from the notes to the Harris boxed set:

Emmylou made her first record in New York.  Gliding Bird is the only album
she would prefer didn't exist (and the math underpinning her LP, Thirteen,
suggests that she has indeed written it out of the history books, because
Gliding Bird would make Thirteen her fourteenth album)....Her record label,
Jubilee, filed for bankruptcy in 1971, the year after Gliding Bird was
issued, and a series of asset flips left some of the rights in the hands of
Morris Levy at Roulette Records.  Emmylou sued Roulette, and eventually won
control of the masters in 1984...

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/