>Emmylou made her first record in New York.  Gliding Bird is the only album
>she would prefer didn't exist .Her record label,
>Jubilee, filed for bankruptcy in 1971, the year after Gliding Bird was
>issued, and a series of asset flips left some of the rights in the hands of
>Morris Levy at Roulette Records.  Emmylou sued Roulette, and eventually won
>control of the masters in 1984...

And the (somewhat!) funny thing is that it wasn't, as I remember, all that
bad a record..It was certainly available in, uh, middle-class Washington in
that year--it had her countenance plastered on the cover (always a good
thing)...and I think I even played it on the radio...I know Dylan's "I'll
Be Your Baby Tonight" was on it....but I suspect Ms. Harris's problem with
it in retrospect is that it captures her more folk-like, even post-Baez
sort of  vocal approach before the Hillman and Parsons encounter...Maybe
the only thing that would shock (some) folks around here is that it warn't
THAT much different anyway!  You'd  know who it was all right...

 But on the other hand,  yeah, I do suspect that it was less emotionally
impactful...than after twang hit--or perhaps, more accurately, after she'd
done a whole lot more living and singing too!

Barry M.