Carl and Junior asked about the Hi Box set.

I've got it and it gets regular play around the Lasater household.  I am at
work now, so I don't have it in front of me but I know it has 3 cds (about
70 tracks) and it was reasonably priced $30 or so.  It has a big fat book
that comes with it that details the history of the label.  The music is
Like you both mentioned, Al Green has numerous tracks, Ann Peebles is on
it, others I can remember off the top of my head are Willie Mitchell, Syl
Johnson, Rufus Thomas... and many more that my CRS won't let me remember.
Anyway, I would say it gets as much or more time in the cd player as the
Big Box of Soul set.  It is especially good if you are like me and didn't
own any of Al Green's music on cd.

Twang content: Didn't Narvel Felts record an album for Hi

---Shannon